1Measuring and cutting
- 1.1 Measure the height of the wall from ceiling to baseboard and cut the first sheet.
- 1.2 Unroll the paper onto your worktable. Measure and mark the wall height plus 3 inches to allow for some excess at the top and bottom. Mark a straight line and cut the paper with heavy scissors.
- 1.3 Line up the pattern of the second sheet at the top with that of the first sheet and not the distance by which the two sheets are offset – referred to as the pattern repeat. Mark the spot, fold the paper back, and trim off the excess along the fold line. Cut the second sheet to the same length as the first.
- 1.4 Number the back of each sheet and draw an arrow indicating the end that will go along the ceiling.
- 1.5 Double check the distance from ceiling to baseboard before cutting additional sheets of wallpaper.