Rated 4 out of
Beautiful and a Great Value
I purchased to sets of doors, they took forever! Boxes are heavy you will need two people, it also seems fragile the box, in addition it is a bit of a pain to open, I finally just used a box cutter but I was trying to be extra cautious. First box was fine no problem other than the sticker telling you which side to install the hardware was a real pain to get off. Really, NO big deal but you pay a couple hundred dollars for something you would think that the stickers would peel off easily. Second box had one corner on one door dinged up a little. Little wood glue, a clamp, some caulk and I will never see it again, I also installed that one door on the inside corner that is naturally a bit dark. Overall very good quality, compared to many other doors they are a Fantastic value really, the also look amazing in our bedroom. The glass is beautiful opaque, but bright with the slightest mirroring effect. Very satisfied overall.
Date published: 2014-06-17
Rated 4 out of
Great quality; watch out for instructions/features
Overall, great quality, especially for the price. There are a few things to mention though.
1) The box is very difficult to open. It's basically destroyed by the time you can get the doors out of it.
2) Watch our for the instructions (picture-based). It says to install hardware on one side (and you'll have to use Goo-Gone or something to get sticky residue of the stickers off), but that makes the shiny part of the glass be on the outside. I wanted the frosted part of the glass on the outside instead. It should state it's optional. Then again, I should have realized it wouldn't make any difference.
3) The hardware is cheap...the heads are pretty destroyed by the time I got everything screwed to the door. I'm not sure I could unscrew these if I tried. It was exhausting to screw these in. I should have done a larger pilot hole and used a collar on my drill bit to stop it at a certain depth (or something). I was afraid to drill through to the other side.
4) This says it's white, but it's off-white, so now I have to decide whether to attempt to paint it or not, and that's after figuring out if I want to flip the doors around to have the frosted part on the outside (or just exchange for a new one). The specs say the wood is paper-wrapped, so I'm not sure if that's a problem if I try to paint it. I may see if they have an unfinished version of this door.
5) The overhead track and fascia were easy to install.
6) There are no handles/knobs, so if you open this door a lot, I wouldn't recommend it unless you add some sort of handle. You just have to push the wood on the other side f the glass to open it.
7) The door doesn't hang low enough to reach my floor track (I'm using one I already had installed on my tile, which is the same design as the one that comes with the door), so I need to install the new track on another layer of wood once I replace my floor. I posted a question on whether the floor track is really optional or not (it's advertised on Lowe's site as optional, but manufacturer's site and instructions don't state that). It doesn't seem like it is optional and that's why I bought this one. No one has answered. The doors swing a bit and bang each other without the track, so I assume I need it or bumpers/felt to protect wood.
8) Easy to hang and adjust on the track, however, mine looks crooked when I align it with the walls/frame. If I want it to look level, then it wouldn't be flush to the walls/frame. So, what am I to do?
That's about it. Maybe you won't have some of these problems. I love the door. It just has some challenges to work through for what I want.
Date published: 2014-08-03
Rated 5 out of
perfect replaement for bi-fold doors
easy to install (heavy need 2 people) made our rooms stand out from the average bi-fold doors.
Date published: 2016-07-17
Rated 4 out of
great product, great price
I ordered two sets at lowes for his and her closets in a master suite. It did take a couple of weeks for them to arrive at the store, but they called me immediately when they arrive. A lowes worker helped me slide both sets in the back of my hackback with fold down rear seat. I was prepaired to tie them to my roof rack, but luckily didnt have to. The boxes were well secured so i was able to get both boxes out of my car and into the house without too much difficulty and without damaging them. The instructions are pictures, but there is nothing confusing about this simple installation. Be sure to pre drill the holes for the screws or you will strip the heads. Its also helpful to have an impact screwdriver. After my first instalation, the doors were too high off the floor: 1-1/4". So i had to remove them and add stips of 3/4" and 1/2" wood to the header, then re-install them. All worked out well. I used the handles from the old sliding mirror doors with two sided tape. (Thats how they were attached to the old doors as well). A bit of work color matching the off white doors. With all of the above, it only took me about 4 hours to complete both sets. Im ready to order larger ones for the upstairs closets. I highly recommend them.
Date published: 2016-03-13
Rated 3 out of
Not White- Don't paint
Ordered these doors, love the doors, but they are not white at all. They are antique or linen white. Very yellow. Disappointed in the color considering everything is white. They are installed but not overly happy with the color.
Date published: 2018-04-10